Plastic Folgers Container For Compost

I like to save scraps for the compost, but needed something to store the scraps. I like using the 38 oz plastic Folger's coffee canisters to use as storage. It looks good, has a handle and is airtight. I also use the canisters for soil and gardening supplies.

By Donna from Philadelphia, PA

Doink! That is ME smacking my head! I called the recycling place a few weeks ago to order (free) one of their containers (here in my part of CA we are able to recycle composting stuff) and they never sent it! I could use that in the interim, EXCEPT I threw mine away!!!!!! But I'll have the idea for the next time! Thanks!

Wow! I feel smart after reading your post, Donna. I have been doing this all year, because I was not going to pay $100 or more for a composter or kitchen pail. It works so well and easy to rinse out too. I usually fill 3-4 of these every 1-2 weeks, make the trek out to our homemade bin(thanks to the internet), dump the gunk, then rinse and repeat. My kitchen garbage bag stays dry now and I feel good about composting. I will have great enriched soil in my garden this coming season.

Better Living Green Living ReusingApril 23, 2007
Using Compost In The Garden
Using Compost In The Garden
Making a Compost Bin
Making a Compost Bin
Compost Bucket Ideas
Compost Bucket Ideas
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 2:08:34 PM on 10.0.1.100 in 912 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.