Mrs. Dash Sauce Substitute

Another question from an Aussie! Can someone please tell me what Mrs. Dash sauce is? We can't buy that here in Australia and I'm not sure what I could substitute. Would I be able to substitute a tomato or BBQ sauce?

Julie from Sydney, Australia

Mrs. Dash is known for salt free seasonings and also has marinades now. So you should be able to substitute another marinade. You could also check out for a complete listing of their seasonings. Good luck!

Mrs. Dash is a brand name for salt-free seasoning mixes and sauces. You can see what flavors they have at .

Thank you for your responses! Lucky I didn't try tomato sauce if it's a seasoning mix! Ha ha - will have a look at the website. Thanks again!

I suspect she got the name because she used a Dash o' this and a Dash o' that!

Hi there Down Under! Ok, Mrs. Dash has a website, the "sauces" advertized are marinades > 6 varieties. Check them out.....they seem to be a combination of a number of herbs & spices, vinegars, veggie/meat stock, and some have tomatoe sauce in them. If you want a marinade for any meat try this:

1/2 cup BBQ sauce (spicey)

1/4 cup vinegar (white )

1/4 cup orange juice

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp garlic salt

Mix together well. Can be used as a marinade > let meat (any meat or chicken) marinate in the mixture for min 2 hrs (is the best left over night) covered in the refridgerator, remove meat & cook/bbq as desired.

Cook meat in the sauce in a crockpot for 6-8 hrs, or bake in the oven in a casserole dish, 350 degrees

for 1 1/2 hrs.

Good Luck, and enjoy!

Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat SaucesJuly 16, 2007
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Homemade pizaa sauce.
Pizza Sauce Recipes
Mrs. Claus Costume
Making a Mrs. Claus Costume