Seating for Wedding Appetizers

We are planning to get married around 6 PM. The reason for the later ceremony is that we do not plan to serve dinner. Instead we will be serving lots of hearty appetizers and of course a proper dessert. I really want to have speeches the traditional way. How do I make sure that people stop and listen to the speeches? Do we set up tables like normal or just cruisers (hightops) with some chairs?Please help.

By Amanda from Toronto, ON

I did my sisters revow in May of 02. After the ceremony and all, we announced that food would be served buffet style in the dining room, right next to the main room of the church.

I had to deal with vegans, vegaterians, and carnivors oh my!! We had an overall budget of 500.00 for the whole thing, so the food was simple yet yummy.

I made tuna and chicken salad with small bread and crackers, a pasta salad, parfeits, cut up veggies and dip, a cheese plate, and lentel soup to make sure we had something hot.

Check out the palet of your guests, and make sure you are respecting what they can and can't eat. It is not hard to mix and match as people will take what they want and others will too.

Keep it simple, esp' if you don't have a kitchen where you are going to serve. Anyone willing to help can do cuttings, serving, keeping things cold, etc.

I wish you all the luck on your wedding. Let us know how it went?

Here is a nice link for "cheap wedding meals". ... tnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Weddings ReceptionJanuary 22, 2010
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors