Storing Potatoes In The Fridge

Can I store potatoes in the fridge?

Elaine from West Bromwich

Hi Ellen! Storing potatoes in the fridge causes the starch in potatoes to become sweeter. I personally don't like the taste that comes from refrigerated potatoes. I read that one man pulls his out of the refrigerator about an hour before he plans to cook them because, he says, it helps the starch balance to come back...I have never tried that. I hope this helps.

Hello Elaine, I always store potatoes in a cool dark place. They stay fresh and don,t go green or start sprouting. Hope this helps

I just learned this recently. Put potatoes in a brown bag in a cool place. My pantry works for this. Haven't thrown out a potato since.

I store mine in the fridge, because here in AZ it is too hot to keep them anywhere else. Mine have kept in the fridge for 2 months without sprouting.

potatoes
Storing Potatoes
Food and Recipes StorageJuly 1, 2007
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Potatoes stored in bins for spring planting.
Storing Potatoes for Planting in Spring
Hanging potatoes in pantyhose.
Making a Nylon Potato Keeper
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 1:31:17 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.