Letter to Grandma Costume

My daughter, Mackenzie didn't want to be "just like everyone else for Halloween".

So I let her pick. We went to my fabric cabinet and she said "Mom, I want to be a "letter". I replied "which letter?".

She said "A letter to Grandma"

So I took some white fabric and drew with blue marker the blue lines horizontally and the red line down the side of the page for the margin, vertically.

I sewed the front and the back just as I would making a quilt and cut the three holes out of the fabric just as a piece of paper would have and did a zigzag stitch.

I wrote what she told me to write with black marker. Cut a hole in the top of the "page" for her face and arm holes so she can carry her trick or treat bag.

The front says:

"Dear Grandma,

It's so hard being the youngest. Today Robbie, Timmy, and Amanda held my arms and legs down and put Mac and Cheese on my belly and watched while the dog ate it off. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Love Mackenzie

The back says:
"P.S. PLEASE SEND THEM TO CAMP!!!"

By Tracey from MI

That is cute!!!!

Now this is what you call creative! great letter to grandma..and I hope she does send Robbie, Timmy and Amanda to camp...

I know where she gets her creative ideas from. Very smart!

You and your daughter are so clever. What a great idea she had for a costume and you are so smart to be able to make it happen. Very original!

This is soooooo good !!!

Thanks for sharing.

i was a lot of wierd things for halloween growing up- my parents always had some crazy ideas. this makes me feel better, that i'm not the only one who thinks the really different costumes are creative. I can remember being a dice and i basically wore a box painted white with felt circles on it for the dots. i was a christmas stocking once with two long pieces of board all decorated and then i remember my mom making my hair really cute and girl and putting sparkles on my face and stuff.

This is amazing. I am in awe!

Cute! I remember once I went as a trash can, made out of cardboard. It was a last minute thing, but it came out really well. Until it started raining. phuee.

What an original idea. I always like to do something different than everyone else. Good job!

A box of popcorn Halloween costume.
Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas
Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 26, 2005
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Girl Dressed as a Nurse
Making a Nurse Costume
🎉
🎄