Tame Conditioning Rinse

I just ordered and received Tame conditioning rinse from a lady in New York. I'm almost scared to use it. It looks new but was wrapped in the box in newspaper so some print is on the bottle from the paper, black scuffs. Do they not make this product any longer? Would you use this if you were me? I paid a total of $16.00 including shipping. Please tell me what you think.

Melinda

I'd pay attention to your instinct if I were you. If you're almost afraid to use it, don't take a chance would be my advice. Check out some of the related links above and maybe you can find a substitute for it. Good luck.

Anonymous

I see Tame conditioning rinse for sale at the Dollar Tree stores in Buffalo, NY. I grew up using that and the shampoo and thought it was the best. If you are fearful though of this particular bottle, it is wise not to risk using it. Perhaps you will be able to find this product in a store like Dollar Tree where you are. (everything is a dollar or less)

See if you can return the bottle and get your money refunded.

I don't understand why you are afraid to use it. You said the bottle looks like new... why not open it, give it a try, an if the product is old, ask for a refund.

Dumb question, why would you pay $16 for a bottle of Tame Conditioner? I thought people on this site made a point in saving money. No real reason not to use it. Many companies use newpapers instead of plastic peanuts that never break down in the landfills. She should have used plain paper around the product to avoid the ink transfer. She was recycling. That being a thing all of us should do. If you are worried, call the lady. She can tell you why she shipped that way. I would say she never thought of the printing damaging the bottle. Good luck

Wow! $16 for a bottle of conditioner! That's outrageous! I would definitely try to get my $ back for that reason alone!

Anonymous

If it doesn't smell rancid then it's fine because the majority of conditioners have preservatives and are fine for years if unopened ... I am not trying to be mean but I can't understand why you spent that much money on a bottle of Tame (if it's the Tame I used two or three decades ago) which is the same as buying a bottle of sauve conditioner that you can get on sale for a dollar or two ... It gives me pause that if the bottle has newsprint on it that it probably has been in the woman's home for that long :-o

Look up the company on the web and contact them . They can tell you and might even send you a coupon.

I don't know why you would have paid that kind of price, I would get my money back. You can get a good conditioner at any beauty supply that is open to the public.

Anonymous

In 2010, Tame Cream Rinse was available in the Dollar Tree for only a 1.00

In 2010, Tame Cream Rinse was available at the Dollar Tree for a 1.00. It was on the shelves for about 2 years. It hasn't been available since. Evergreen USA makes this product. I've been emailing them for over 3 years asking them to bring it back. Maybe if more of us wrote to the company, they would.

Anonymous

They sell Tame at the Dollar Tree, Just A Dollar, for $1.00.

You over paid.