How Difficult is Faux Painting on Laminate Counter Tops

How do I faux paint laminate counter tops?

By FURCAR2 from Colonial Heights, VA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Ask at your home improvement store. I have seen it done on the Home and Garden Channel, but never paid any attention to it because I live in rental and have no plans to buy a house at my age.

So easy! Use an oil based primer first. Then an oil based paint for the base and for the accent colors. I did mine about 3 1/2 years ago and have loved it! Haven't had any problems with it chipping either and we cook 3 meals a day in my kitchen. So, it gets used a lot! I did not put a coat of polyurethane on it either. Someone told me it would be easier to touch up if it didn't have that shiny coat on top. Let me know if I can help with anything! You won't regret it!

painting a countertop
Painting a Laminate Counter Top
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingMarch 6, 2011
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
White fake cake of boxes and bows
Faux Wedding Cake Ideas
Painted Laminate Countertops
Best Sealant for Painted Laminate Countertops
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 6:43:47 PM on 10.0.1.73 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.