Annie the Filly

Annie is 1 month old. She belongs to our neighbor who breeds horses. I visit her every day and named her Annie.

She enjoys seeing me every day. When I visit her she comes to me and wants to be pet and kissed.

By Marissa from New Hampton, NY

The colt's picture bought a smile to my face....I wonder what he is thinking when he stuck his little tounge out while this picture was taken. I love horses, so found this picture to my liking. Thanks for sharing....One question...you said, it was a colt so why did you name him Annie?????

Cute baby with tongue sticking out!!!

also great name.

Annie

i was wondering why you said it was a colt and then said "she" later in the post too!!! ...a baby horse is a foal (up to maybe a year or so old, then its a yearling, then 2 year old etc.), a female baby horse (up to 4 years) is a filly and a male baby horse is a colt (up to 4 years) :P

i like the name though, its cute! suits her :)

Editor's Note: That's our fault. Haven't spent much time around horses. I guess we'd better change that to Annie the Filly or Annie the Foal. Sorry Annie! : )

brown filly
Filly Photos
Pets Large Animals HorsesApril 20, 2006
🎉
🎄