Unemployed People Receive 20% K-Mart Savings

According to K-mart's website if a person is unemployed they can get an additional 20% savings on their own brand merchandise. There are a few requirements: ID and proof of unemployment.

By notwrong

I think it's lovely that they are doing that and thank you so much for the tip but it worries me because proof of unemployment in any form is going to show social security number and/or, in my case, a disabled medical ID number and I don't trust people enough anymore to share it at a store :-( When it comes to a simple ID card or drivers license I would be fine with that. I guess I've just become overly cautious in this day and age but better safe than sorry :-(

Thank you also for this tip. I don't think they take down your SS #, they probably just glance at it for verification, so I wouldn't worry about it. I was not issued an unemployment card, just my paperwork. I wonder if that'll work because I file my unemployment on line.

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingOctober 20, 2009
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
Hand Cart With Box That Reads Free Shipping
Saving Money on Shipping Charges
Couple Using Online Savings Institution
Choosing the Best Online Savings Institution