Dry SkinSkin Care

Paperwork Drying Out Hands

I've been doing a lot of volunteering at a clinic and find my hands are becoming very dry from handling paperwork. Lotioning up before going in isn't helping much. Any suggestions?

Holly from Richardson, TX

I have the same problem, Victoria Secret's body butter is the only thng that stops my hands from cracking.

Hi Holly, Our receptionist at work also has that same problem and she handles lots of papers. Her solution is that she wears a pr of white gloves. She actually is allergic to the dyes (bleach) used to whiten the paper and the gloves protect her from it. She sometimes has to take an allergy tablet such as a generic benadryl, but most of the time, the gloves work just fine. Hope this helps. Hamnurse

Udder cream. You can get it at the local feed store. It's available both with and without lanolin. I'm allergic to lanolin so I get the kind which doesn't have it. I have seen the kind with lanolin at Walgreen's in a small green tin.

I just carry around a small sample tube of hand cream and apply it A LOT, especially after washing my hands. I also have been given a sample of Gloves in a Bottle - which is hypoallergenic and is supposed to coat the skin until it is washed off. I still add some hand cream, tho...

I can so relate. My hands get so dry that if I rubbed them together I'd be up to my eyeballs in amorous crickets! What I do is apply hand lotion before I go to bed so it has the whole night to work. You might also want to use goat's milk, glycerin, or vegetable-based soaps. Or you could avoid soap entirely and buy a cleanser like Cetaphil.

There's a product called "Corn Huskers Lotion" that work very well, it form a non stickey protection while moisturizing the skin I used it when I was a Iron Worker for years.

Apply hand lotion, then slip on those thin latex gloves. YOu can get packets of them at dollar tree for a dollar and there's like 6 pairs in the packet.

I'm a shampoo girl so I know all about dry hands. And I've been having a horrible time with it. My skin started to bleed because it was cracking so much. But I found this cream/lotion at CVS pharmacy it by nutrogena and it's like a little tube and its a Swiss Norwegian formula. The best stuff in the world. Just a dab of it, does miracles.

Hi, my wife had a bad problem with very dry, cracked skin from raynauds disease & uses these silky thermal gloves & she also uses a little lavendar oil mixed with tea tree oil before going to bed under her gloves which help to moisturize the skin.