BC Island Gladiola

Here is a picture of my gladiola, still with the rain drops on. I don't take these glads up in the winter and so far, they are wintering over. They are in a raised bed. Our British Columbia Island winters are pretty mild too.

By Betty

A friend of mine said that in Ireland they also plant glads and leave them in the ground all year round. How big has your glad grown to with all its bulblets, already?

Hi - this is a pretty new one, so there are only about 5 in the clump. I think the birds help me, because I sure don't rem planting these & haven't them anywhere else in the yard! Nice surprises!!

very pretty

Which of the B.C. Islands do you live on? I lived on Vancouver Island and had fairly mild winters there. Some of the other B.C. islands have it downright miserable in the winter. Nice to see your glads are so beautiful'

beautiful purple gladiola
Gladiolus Photos
Photos GardenSeptember 2, 2005