Cleaning Greasy Employee Clothes - Categories:

LaundryCleaning

Cleaning Greasy Employee Clothes

I work in fast food, my shirts are always greasy and smelly when i get home from work everynight. I need some suggestions on how to tackle this problem. I have tried everything that I could think of. HELP!

Amy in WV

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Put a little pine cleaner in the washing machine . One-eighth to one-fourth cup per load should do the trick. Most pine cleaners have washing machine instructions on the bottle. It will really get the grease smell out, and no, you won't wind up smelling like a pine tree!

Best Answer

I worked at McDonalds a long time ago.....i always

used GOOP hand cleaner on the grease spots on my uniform and then thru it in the wash using hot water and Tide

Best Answer

Try washing your clothes using dishwashing liquid. They're really good at cutting out grease. Find one in a great scent and your clothes should come out clean and smelling great.

Best Answer

Add one cup of ammonia along with your detergent. Ammonia is a grease cutter and deodorizer. Run an extra rinse cycle after you try this the first time. ( You already know not to mix bleach with ammonia.)

Best Answer

Go to an auto parts store and buy a tub of their hand cleaner/degreaser (Gojo is one brand name, but the store brand should work just as well). Rub a glob of this gooey handsoap on the grease stains, and work it in with a brush (an old toothbrush works well). Then wash in regular detergent in warm or cold water (hot will set the grease stains in). Add 1/2 cup of plain old vinegar to the rinse cycle (it will remove the odors, and no, your uniforms won't smell like vinegar!). Also, if at all possible, don't dry the uniforms in the dryer -- the heat seems to "lock in" the odors. Hang them to dry, outside is best, but even hanging them in your shower beats using the dryer.

Best Answer

If anyone ever reads this anymore, I know I'm reviving a dead thread but this is my advice. I work at BK and had 2 shirts that I washed after each shift, couldn't stand having bad smelling shirts. One day I got the idea to take an empty pickle bucket, clean it out good, and put hot degreaser solution we used for the floors in it. Make sure everything was submerge and let it soak overnight. Took the one out and washed both dirty shirts, and then dried them. It was a pound difference from the shirt that I degreased to the shirt I didn't. I usually do this once a month.

My Daughter also works in fast food and one night washed her top without any degreaser and dried it. I thought nothing would take it out and a friend told me to rub pure old dishwashing liquid on it and try again.It came out pretty well. That's something almost everybody has around the house. The secret is to always use something to degrease before you wash.

I too worked at Mcdonalds years ago. I found that Palmolive, specifically, worked great at removing that greasy ring around the collar. Make sure you apply it evenly though...it works so well you will end up with "clean" spots if you just poor it on haphazardly.

back when I worked for the "COLONEL" I always washed my uniforms with a combination of pine cleaner, ammonia and dawn dishwashing liquid and used vinegar in the rinse cycle--uniforms smelled just as fresh as new. And no leftover grease spots either.

cj

The best grease remover I have ever usesd is Bissel Little Green cleaner. (found in the carpet cleaning aisle) It even removes grease after it has been baked in the dryer. Spray it on liberally and then lit it sit overnight before washing.

It has never failed me

Amy------

I worked at Pizza Hut for over 12 years and the only thing I found that really worked was to spray Dow bathroom cleaner "Scrubbing Bubbles" on my shirts and pants on the stains and let it sit until I washed them in Tide or Wisk. Sometimes the SB would sit on the stain for several days before washing. It also helps to pour the liquid laundry soap over the stain as you are putting it in the washer.

i use clorox for colors & it helps w/ the stains & the smell!!

I understand that a can of coke put in the washer with the detergent cuts the grease. Good luck.

I saw someone else mentioned it, ammonia. My husband works in a machine shop, talk about greasy, the ammonia was able to remove the stains as well as the smell. I add 1/2 to 1 cup to a load.

I HAVE FOUND THAT DAWN DISH SOAP IS GOOD FOR CLEANING GREASEY CLOTHES AND ALSO CASCADE AUTOMATIC DISH POWDER. WHEN YOU PUT YOUR CLOTHES IN THE WASHER FILL IT UP AND ADD ONE OF THESE CLEANERS. LET THE WATER AGGITATE A COUPLE OF MINUTES AND THEN TURN YOUR WASHER OFF AND LET IT SET FOR ABOUT 5 MIN. AND THEN TURN IT BACK ON. THE CASCADE IS ALSO GOOD FOR STAINS ANS DINGY CLOATHES. BETTER THAN OXY CLEAN!!!! AND CHEAPER

I work at dairy queen. And my shirts stink like fried foods and greasy hamburgers. I started using 3/4 cups of coke cola and 2 tbs. Of dawn dish soap with my regular laundry soap wash in warm water. And it works great. Takes the smell out. Give it a try and see what you think.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 29, 2005
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Woman Avoiding Fast Food
Avoiding Fast Food
Slim Fast Bottle
Homemade Slim Fast Recipes
Cleaning Dishes
Cleaning Greasy Dishes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 11:14:12 AM on 10.0.1.28 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.