Browsing: 80th Birthday Party Ideas

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

Could you help me with a theme for my mother's 80th birthday celebration?

By scarloss43 from Monroe, LA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Just a thought, with this idea you could be very creative. What was going on in the world 80 years. ago that would be special to your mother; popular song, author, maybe a birthday theme for that era. I once found my mother a copy of a newspaper of the year she was born. She was thrilled. Just a thought.

This isn't really a theme, but it makes a wonderful gift. Write down 80 things you love about your mom. It could be special qualities she has or the way she cooks your very favorite meal or memories of things she's done for you or memories of trips or holidays, etc. Some could be funny, but most should be from the heart. I've don't this for both my parents and my step dad and it was the best present they ever got. Don't we all want to know how we've made a difference and impacted the lives of others? 80 memories of your mom is a fabulous way to tell her you love her! (you won't be able to think of 80 in one sitting, so try doing 10 at a time until you come up with 80.)

October 6, 2009 Flag

I would like a very funny poem to read to my mother at her 80th birthday party.

By Bonter from Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

Could you maybe prepare a poem in a roast fashion? Write down different family members and their quirks or happenings over the years that were funny and then work it around until it rhymes. Use a word processing software to list then you can work on the organization. I did google this for you and did not really find any funny poems they were all mushy mushy love stuff. (07/16/2009)

By notwrong

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

One thing we did for my grandmother's 85th birthday was to make a scrapbook. We got the book and had each person in the family contribute things for the book that we'd later give to grandma. Some of the kids painted or colored pictures, different ones submitted photos. We added things like ribbon border, charms and other things grandma would like. She really enjoyed getting the book. She said, it was the best gift she'd ever received. I'm a writer, so I included a personal poem I wrote for her. You could do the lettering in calligraphy, if you want to get real fancy, or you could use one of those silver or gold, ballpoint pens. Grandma also loved collecting recipes, so we included some of our favorites. She also loved flowers, and gardening, so we picked some flowers out of different places and dried them, then included them in the scrapbook, as well. The possibilities are endless. (07/18/2009)

By heather21230

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

This is the poem that the Red Hat Society is based on. I'm not a member, but I have a glorious red hat that was given to me on my 50th birthday and I wear it often and proudly because it's fun. So, you could find her a lovely, or ugly, red hat and some purple socks and celebrate the freedom that can come with age.

WARNING

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

Jenny Joseph

(07/19/2009)

By DiJones

July 15, 2009 Flag

I'd like some ideas for my Mother's 80th birthday. She was in an orphanage in Waverly, Iowa.

Deb from Spicer, MN

Answers:

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

For Christmas I made memory jars for family members. I took a plastic jar from the dollar store and filled with slips of paper. Each paper had a memory of something I remembered from the past about them. (01/31/2008)

By Lucy H.

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

Why not make her a memory jar. Have all of her children and their spouses write down on a slips of paper detailing happy and funny memories (hopefully having at least 365 slips)and then decorate the jar with a pretty ribbon. Tell her to pull out one memory a day for a gift that will last all year. It's also a gift to her loved ones who get to recall all these wonderful memories as they are writing them down for her.

(02/01/2008)

By binkylou

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

We are planning a 90th birthday celebration for my mother in law in November. When we celebrated my parents 50th anniversary we sent letters to friends and family about 6 months in advance requesting they send a card, letter and/or poem along with a picture of themselves. We asked that they be returned at least 2 months before the actual date of party. We created a memory scrapbook for them and had it there for their celebration. Since there was a request for no gifts this was a great gift that all could participate in and was almost no cost to the guest. It was a great success.

<p.We sent reminder invitations to the celebration about 2 months prior to the event. We plan to do the same thing for my mother in law. We will be serving finger foods with a dessert bar, including a chocolate fountain, punch spiced tea and coffee. We plan to bring in two wing back chairs with a small table for her to sit in along with a friend to chat. There will be several round tables with chairs and 3 or 4 long banquet tables for guest to be seated.

We will be using a family and friends theme. The colors are deep blue (her favorite color) along with fall colors. Lots of color for a wonderful celebration of life, (02/22/2008)

By Stephanie

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

We are having on 80th b-day for my mom and were are making her a film of her life. We are scanning old pictures onto a disc to play on a screen. The pictures go from her birth to the birth of her great grandchildren. We are screening it in her yard which is set up like a movie theater with popcorn and candy. Hope this will help. (09/04/2008)

By Diane

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

A friend had a "Tea Party" for her mother and close friends. An assortment of tea cups were used and each guest was able to take their tea cup home. Finger sandwiches and desserts were served. (12/27/2008)

By Fran

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

Purchase one of those digital pictures frames and add all kinds of photographs of the family to it. She can plug it in at home and enjoy the rotation of photographs over and over again. What a treat indeed, especially if family doesn't live close by. (01/17/2009)

By Mary

Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

My mother-in-law is celebrating her 80th on October 31st. We are planning a party for her where we will play games such as "Which child is this?" (giving clues about her children as they grew up and see if she can remember which child that we are talking about) and "Name the year this happened". We will give her a well known event and a choice of 3 years that it happened in. I have also tried to purchase a newspaper that is printed the date of her birth, but now having much success. We may have a costume contest since it will be on Halloween. (02/11/2009)

By Brenda

January 29, 2008 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

November 11, 2007 Flag
80th Birthday
80th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayOctober 6, 2009
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Card
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
80th Birthday Cake
80th Birthday Gift Ideas
daughter giving mother a gift
Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 2:18:23 PM on 10.0.2.7 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.