"Spicing up" Boring Sandwiches

As a way to keep food costs down, I make sandwiches at home to take to work daily. As we all know, there are only so many 'choices' of sandwiches, which, in my case, became too routine and boring - your typical chicken, ham, turkey, etc. I decided to 'kick it up' a notch, by sprinkling different spices right onto my sandwich meat when I make them (along with mayonnaise, mustard, or whatever spread sounds right).

For example, if I'm having chicken, I will add one of the following: sage, curry, paprika, lemon pepper, Italian seasoning, chili powder, ginger, garlic, Cajun, and so on.

Everyone's tastes are different so you will need to find the spices that work for you. Your imagination is the limit. By the time lunch arrives, the flavors have blended well enough to give it that extra 'punch' that I need to take it from boring to interesting, and NO extra calories! Works for me!

By Patty from Illinois

Those are great suggestions! I also got into a hum-drum lunch scenario and I ended up changing the ingredients in my sandwich to cope. It ended up being easy to turn my sandwich a bit gourmet so to speak by swapping my normal spreads with flavored hummus. You get a new flavor and a good kick of fiber too! I have also swapped any sandwich cheese I would normally use with a flavored cream cheese spread or flavored soft cheese (like laughing cow). I also grabbed chives or a peppery lettuce to add to the sandwich for something new. I have also turned to flavored mustards and light dressings as a topper too!

I have almost every flavor of Mrs. Dash and use those to vary sandwiches. McCormick has a lot now too.

Creative BLT Sandwich
Creative Sandwich Ideas
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesMay 12, 2011
Peruvian Food
Peruvian Recipes
Paw prints painted on a fence.
Decorating Your Fence
Creative Waffle Face
Creative Breakfast Ideas
Kids Traveling in Car
Making a Traveling Activity Kit for Kids
🎉
🎄