Thrifty Jean Purse
Purse made from teen blue jeans and belt.
Approximate Time: 1 - 2 hours depending on details
- pair of jeans
- material for lining
- large button (optional)
- usual sewing supplies (scissors, thread to match, needles)
- optional accessories ( buttons, bows, appliques, etc)
- Cut the top of the pants off at crotch seam, rounding sides or squaring whichever is desired.
- Turn inside out and sew along the bottom, zig zag or serge seam for extra sturdy purse. Turn right side out.
- Place pants top (purse) onto the lining material. Cut around leaving 1/2 " for seam allowance. Sew around allowing 1/2" seam. Turn down top edge 1/2" and sew. Do not turn.
- Take desired belt and cut off buckle and ends with holes. Pin on the sides of the purse.
- Pin lining inside the purse. Hand sew or machine sew being careful at the thick spots (belt loops, front flap, etc.)
- Add a large button to the front and a loop in the back for closure, velcro closed, or use the belt buckle removed from belt.
- Embellish as desired. Some ideas include: gluing on flower cut outs, iron on appliques, sew on buttons, the ideas are endless.
By Beth from Bloomfield, IN
August 24, 20080 found this helpful
These are really cute. Since my DD is not a teen yet, the jeans could be purchased at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I am thinking of making some for her birthday party to use as goody bags, filled with lip gloss, hair accessories, etc, purchased from the dollar store. Thanks for sharing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 12:45:21 PM on 10.0.2.82 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us