Marker Stain on Nylon Jacket

I accidentally washed and dried my nylon Columbia jacket with a permanent marker in the pocket. How do I get the blotches off my jacket?

By LeAnne from DeForest, WI

Answers

To remove Marker Ink.

You will need:

Nail Polish Remover

Cotton Balls

Dishwasher Detergent

Soak a cotton ball with the remover.

Gently press it on the affected area, turning the ball & pressing it until the cotton ball is somewhat saturated with the marker ink. With a new cotton ball, repeat the processtwo more times, or until very little ink is left.

The apply a few drops of dishwash detergent (I find Dove works the best) to the area, rub in gently, & launder as you would normally do.

I believe you will find this will remove the marker ink. If it is a more stubborn ink mark, just repeat the process until you are satisfied.

Good Luck, Hedera :0)

February 10, 2011 Flag

How do you remove a marker, possibly a permanent marker stain, on a Northface Triclimate jacket? It's made out of nylon, if that helps. Also, I wonder if regular rubbing alcohol can remove the stain without resulting in wear and tear on the fabric.

By Tamahawk123 from Charlotte

Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 10, 2011
Blue Jeans
Removing Permanent Marker on Jeans
Nylon Netting for Crafts
Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎄