Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Marker Stain on Nylon Jacket

I accidentally washed and dried my nylon Columbia jacket with a permanent marker in the pocket. How do I get the blotches off my jacket?

By LeAnne from DeForest, WI

By lesley [1]02/13/2011

To remove Marker Ink.

You will need:
Nail Polish Remover
Cotton Balls
Dishwasher Detergent

Soak a cotton ball with the remover.
Gently press it on the affected area, turning the ball & pressing it until the cotton ball is somewhat saturated with the marker ink. With a new cotton ball, repeat the processtwo more times, or until very little ink is left.

The apply a few drops of dishwash detergent (I find Dove works the best) to the area, rub in gently, & launder as you would normally do.

I believe you will find this will remove the marker ink. If it is a more stubborn ink mark, just repeat the process until you are satisfied.

Good Luck, Hedera :0)

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Marker Stain on Nylon Jacket

How do you remove a marker, possibly a permanent marker stain, on a Northface Triclimate jacket? It's made out of nylon, if that helps. Also, I wonder if regular rubbing alcohol can remove the stain without resulting in wear and tear on the fabric.

By Tamahawk123 from Charlotte