MiscellaneousOrganizing

Use Paper Clip to Mark Tape End

contest winner icon

To keep from losing the end of postage tape, place a paper clip on the sticky side of the tape just below where you are making the cut. Store the tape with the paper clip, and you are ready to go next time you need to use the tape. The paper clip is easy to pull off and thick enough to keep from losing the end of the tape.

By hate litter from NC

Top Comment

The paper clip is the first thing I got my hands on when this idea popped into my head. A popsicle stick works even better. You just need something to hold that tape up so when you make the cut, the tape won't fall back down and stick.

In the past I have held it with my finger, then folded a corner on the end but my problem was sometimes I would lose the end before I could make the fold.

Anonymous

I use the little plastic square closer from a loaf of bread

Top Comment

I use a single edge razor blade to keep the end of the tape easily available and then the tape can be cut without hunting up scissors! (Not good for young kids.)

Top Comment

I learned the fold over trick eons ago when I worked in an industrial shop. We used all kinds of tapes (duct, teflon, electrical, etc) and the guys were strict about it. Anyone who forgot was ragged unmercifully LOL. Doubt they would have changed and I am too old to now but I like your paper clip idea. :)

Great idea! I usually just fold the very beginning slightly after I make a cut so I can tell where it begins but also so I can, well, begin it again. So thanks for that tip. I like it!

Thank you! Nothing makes me "grrrrr" more than fighting to find the end when I have a package to get off in a hurry and the post office is closing soon, and...

:)

I also fold the beginning edge but I like the paper clip and popsicle stick ideas better. Thanks!

Great tip, like the others who posted I usually fold the tape but your idea is so much better. Thanks.

What a great idea! You have no idea of the times I have "lost" the end of the shipping tape. Thanks.

Brilliant idea. Thank you for sharing.

Love the idea of using a popsicle stick! I have always folded over, but the stick works so much better! Thanks!

I have also slipped a square plastic bread bag "tie" (closer) under the end of the tape.

You have just cured my biggest headache...Thank you. I use that big roll of Scotch brand tape in the red dispenser and always loose the end. I spend more time finding the end, I have thrown that tape across the room....You see why I am bowing with a gracious "Thank You."