Plant Dropping Leaves

Sorry, but I do not know the name of my plant. It was strong and healthy when I bought it and the shop owner said that dark and cool conditions would be ideal. She also said water it every 3 weeks. That I did, then problems started, leaves dropping, up to 10 a day. So I watered it and it's still happening, any tips? There is not much left of it now, but I would like to try and save it. There are pictures attached. Also, it's in an average size pot with fresh top soil.

Thank you so much if you can help at all.

By Armand

I have this plant and I think it is one of the ficus trees. They are very prone to loosing leaves. They also hate to be moved. The small brown circle spots appear to be from over watering. In the winter I do not water my tree a lot and yes it does loose a lot of leaves. Mine is about 8 feet tall. I would hold the water maybe give it a little 1/2 strength plant food. It should begin to show some tip growth as the days are getting brighter. These guys are tough if you can hang on to it until the summer put it outside. Mine love to go on vacation in the yard.

Thanks so much, this seems to be the general thought that it was too wet. I checked the soil and to my shock, even after not watering for a few weeks, it was still quite soaked. So I put it into the bathroom, with a constant warm temp. Gave it a chance to dry out, from what I can see, where all the leaves dropped, new shoots have appeared, so with any luck, this little thing is coming back to life! Thanks so much for the info. And for summer, here in Budapest, I am sure it will love it, warm and not too much sun where it will go, so I am sure all will be fine.

Thanks again.

Armand.

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsDecember 28, 2010
Cracked iPhone Back
Repairing a Cracked iPhone Back
Camellia Bush
Camellia Bush Losing Buds
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 10:01:27 AM on 10.0.0.140 in 998 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.