Poll: How hot is it where you live?

Today's poll: How hot is it where you live?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll in the forum below.

I live in Cibola,Az.where the temp reached 127 * yesterday the 23 of july 2006.we're south of Blythe,Ca.and west of Phoenix.

It's 91 here in San Antonio but the inside of my car feels like 125 degrees. However, now that I have read Louise's post, I think I'll just count my blessings.

I'm not sure just how hot it is in RI.. But being near Narragansett Bay and the ocean it has been extemely humid also. And the a/c in my (old) car died. An anecdote -if you don't mind- July 31,1969 my son was born in Calif. We lived in Santee. It waa 110* for 3 weeks before, and 3 weeks after, he was born. We had no a/c then. But at least it cooled down nicely at night. I have no hints for cooling off except crank up the a/c and worry about electric bill later. After all, we have to have heat in the winter. Why not consider a/c a necessity in the summer. Stay in a/c and don't drive (sasve money on gas to pay for a/c). That's for us old retired ones at least. But you see, if this is your first real Heat Wave, it probably won't be your last.

it is only 90 here in central illinois. but the son is in iraq where it is 122-127 every day. so i feel blessed

I'd rather live out West where it's dry so you don't feel the heat so much. It's cheaper to live out there, too. I love the Western states.

Right now (at 12:15AM) it's 72degF. However, today (and yesterday) weren't as bad as the past week has been (around 95 or 97 w/ maybe 50% humidity or more).

Location: Walnutport, PA (Two hours north of Philly, rural area).

Where I live in BC we have been the hot spot in Canada two days in a row. It's been 41.8 Celsius or 107 fahrenheit; I love it.

I can remember when we were kids and A/C wasn't heard of back then; me, my brother and sister would soak our sheets in the bathtub or hose them down on the lawn and then between the three of us we would wring them out tight so we could sleep under them all night long.

I have also heard of people putting a block of ice in a shallow pan and setting the pan just behind a fan to draw cold air through it. Just remember to make sure the pan you use can hold the melted ice block. Frozen milk jugs full of water would work great to contain the water.

As for me, I love this weather no big bulky coats or big heavy boots and best of all, NO LUGGING IN FIREWOOD. LOL

Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 6:09:36 PM on in 902 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.