FloorsCleaning

Using a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floor

Have anyone use the Haan steam vacuum on laminated wood floor? Did it damage your floor?

By SpookyPanda

Hi,

I use my steam cleaner on my laminate floor and it works fine. It still leaves streaks though. I do not know what the answer is for the streaking, but do not use the Swiffer wet jet, it leaves a film on the floor.

Hope this helps.

Patty

I have always preferred to use naturals cleaners due to my life-long allergies/asthma. I am interested in purchasing a floor steam cleaner like the Shark, Haan, etc., but do not know which is better on laminate floors. Will they do damage by leaving the floor wet to air dry?

Does anyone have any ideas? I do have a German Shepherd and several rescued kitties, so I would be using the steam, floor cleaner almost daily. Help.

By Laurie from Chicago

Answers:

Using a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floor

We bought the McCullah steam cleaner, we love it. My friend bought one when the baby started crawling and she loves it. It is amazing how well it works.

Here it is on google with a listing of 379 reviews:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=enandsource=hpandq=mcculloch+steam+cleanerandum=1andie=UTF-8andcid=4847511826301691979andei=4TZhS7_DM4OVtgeNhonZDQandsa=Xandoi=product_catalog_resultandct=imageandresnum=1andved=0CCcQ8gIwAA#
McCulloch MC1275 MC Cullough Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner (01/27/2010)

By caraing

Using a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floor

I use one from thane.com. It uses water. I do not use cleaners, for my German Shepherd was poisoned and had to stay in hospital. I found out that cleaners have a chemical in them that is related to anti-freeze. Almost lost my pet. (01/28/2010)

By eyerishrose

Is it safe to use a steam cleaner for cleaning a laminate floor?

Farzad

Answers:

Using a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floor

You have seen the infomercials and possibly read product labels that say "safe for cleaning laminate or wood flooring", but I can assure you that steam cleaning wood or laminate flooring is a recipe for disaster.

Most hardwood and laminate flooring manufacturers warn against moisture and their products. In addition, damage caused by excessive moisture is rarely ever covered in a warranty. This being said, I wonder why these steam cleaning advertisements continue to show that it is fine and even recommended to steam clean a laminate or wood floor.Good luck.

(04/11/2009)

By kffrmw88

Using a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floor

I've been using steam on my wood floors for years and I wouldn't use anything else. It's such a tiny bit of moisture (dries within seconds and leaves way less than any other cleaning method) that, as long as the surface is sealed, it works beautifully. Just check with the manufacturer since laminate is a fabricated composite. (04/14/2009)

By mountainbrd