Sambo (Iguana)

Sambo is a 10 year old iguana. I got Sambo for my 50th birthday. He was only 8 inches long. Now Sambo is 5 foot 7 inches and 14 pounds. He is trained to GO outside, loves to be rocked, and is hand fed. He likes to sit in the sun all day.

By Marty K.

Editor's Note: We checked with Marty to make sure the size wasn't a typo. Sambo is over 5 feet long!

Wow, he is big. Is Sambo the iguana in your tattoo? I bet an iguana a good alternative for someone with pet allergies. How do you house train a reptile?

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Sambo is a very handsome guy! You must have given him very good care for him to grow so big.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Here in south Florida, we have many "colonies" of wild iguanas, and on nice sunny days, you'll often find them out and sunning themselves near creeks or other fresh water areas. Some of the larger ones are really big, but I don't know that we've ever seen one as large as your Sambo.

Iguanas are very interesting house pets, and make great additions for a varied collection of pets for children to grow up with and learn about. Our four children had everything from iguanas, turtles and tropical fish to ducks, chickens, dogs, cats, horses and tiny teddy-bear hamsters. Some of the best lessons they learned were from and about animals.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Sambo with us.

Pookarina

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wow! That's taller than me!! Awesome, I'd love a pet like that! Thanks for sharing your wonderful Sambo!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Iguana Photos
Iguana Photos
Pets Pet PagesMay 5, 2011
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 6:12:05 AM on 10.0.2.200 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.