Fun Snowman Project
This past weekend, I went on an excursion to the craft store with my daughter. Boy, what a way to have creativity spark within your children as well as yourself.
Ideas come from nowhere just walking through the aisles. Bottomline, we worked on snowmen and what wonderful snowmen they are!
- papier mache' bowling pins
- white paint
- Tacky Glue
- black thumb tacks
- kids socks, preferably colored (blue and red and green)
- strips of fabric
- black marker
- paper bag
- orange paint
- spray adhesive
- Paint the entire bowling pin white. Let dry. 2 coats works good.
- Spray adhesive and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- Take child's sock and cover the top of the pin. You may want to glue it on.
- Take 2 thumbtacks and poke them in where you want the eyes.
- Take garbage bag and tear as big as you want it for the nose and twist it to form a nose. Either glue or tape it so it doesn't unravel. Paint orange. Let dry.
Glue buttons on front of bowling pin going downward.
- Take the scrap of fabric and make a scarf and glue around the neck of the bowling pin.
- Take the nose and glue in place. Draw the mouth with a black marker. We drew mouths that looked like charcoal.
You can make a bunch of these for not that much money. We intend on making these for the teachers as well as family members. The bowling pins come in 5 sizes so you can make snow people families. Have fun!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 17, 2017 at 10:17:11 PM on 10.0.2.150 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us