Browsing: Keeping Pantyhose From Running

Keeping Pantyhose From Running

Every time I put on a pair of pantyhose, whether the toe is sheer or reinforced, I get a runs at the toes within minutes of putting on shoes. What can I do?

By tink050804 from Hayward, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

P.S. Once you have applied nail polish to the run, you can often move the mend around so it is on the sole of your foot, and won't show.

Best Answer

I have a pair of cotton gloves that I use just for putting on my pantyhose. Also keeping your toenails short and manicured will help save the foot part.

Best Answer

Try cutting the toe bit off an old pair and put it on under the new pair. It cushions your toe-nails. Once it's snagged though -yep, nail varnish! Marg from England.

Yup, I would suggest getting a little bottle of nailpolish & keep it handy to mend any runs. Works great.

Definitely as was mentioned keep your toenails neat and trimmed. I have heard that freezing pantyhose makes them stronger. I've never tried but it can't hurt to. Also be sure you are wearing the right size.

Keep your toenails cut short, slightly rounded and smoothly filed and you should have no problem.

Women's leg with black hose that have a run in them
Keeping Pantyhose From Running
Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceJanuary 28, 2010
Uses for Nylons
Uses for Nylons
Feet and Legs in Pantyhose
Saving Money on Pantyhose
Panty Hose
Pantyhose Tips and Tricks
Storing Pantyhose
Storing Pantyhose
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 12:20:41 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.