How Can I Set the Dye on a Black Cotton Blend Jean Skirt?

I have a long black jean skirt made of 78% cotton, 20% polyester, and 2% spandex. I bought this skirt 2 years ago and to this day it still bleeds, I just need to rub my hand over it and my hand turns black. I don't like to wear it because I never know if I leave marks on furniture, etc. It's most comfortable and I would love to wear it again!

I have washed it numerous times, each time by hand. I've also tried washing it with vinegar and it doesn't seem to help. I've more or less given up, so I would really appreciate some advice as to let me know what else I can try to make it stop once and for all.
Thank you.

By Meta from Vancouver, B.C.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

http://wiki.ans  ck_cotton_fabric

http://wiki.ans  dye_from_running

I found some information on two websites that might help you out.

Have you tried soaking it overnight in a salt and hot water solution? (1 cup salt to 1 gallon hot from the tap water) Or try washing it by itself with at least 2 Shout Color Catcher Sheets, available in the laundry aisle at the supermarket. This product absorbs excess dye, and if you wash the skirt in the machine on the delicate cycle, it may help. Air dry in case you need to repeat the process.

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingApril 23, 2011
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:16:45 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.