Contact Manufacturer For Assistance

I had the 1960's Betty Crocker loose leaf cook book. My son asked for a recipe and I pulled out the book, only to find the page missing. I looked on the Betty Crocker Internet site and it wasn't there, so I wrote to Betty Crocker. It took a week to get the "instant" response telling me it could take up to six weeks for the recipe search to take place. At that moment, I was so tempted to just write to all of you, knowing more than one of you still had a copy and would share the recipe. Instead I waited.

Much to my surprise, not one, but two copies arrived in the mail. (I guess they knew I would share it again!) My lesson was, never hesitate to contact the manufacturer. They really appreciate us and will try to help, even when they aren't receiving any immediate income.

By tedebear from San Jose CA

It would be great if you would post the recipe in the recipe site. If it's worth tracking down, it's probably worth sharing!

I love that Betty Crocker cookbook. My Mom let me loose in the kitchen with that book during the 50's.

Hi Tahlula, You are so right! What was I thinking!

1/2 cup warm water

2 pkg active dry yeast

1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk

1/2 cup sugar

2 tsp salt

2 eggs

1/2 cup soft shortening

7 to 7 1/2 cups Gold Medal flour

In bowl, dissolve yeast in water, measure flour by dip-level-pour method add milk, sugar, salt, egg, shortening and half of flour to yeast. Turn onto lightly floured board, knead until smooth, round up in greased bowl, cover with cloth. Rise until double in size. Punch down and let rise until double again shape and bake as in specific recipes.

This is the basis for the most delicious coffee cakes.

Enjoy!

Although I've had a couple of good experiences, I believe that overall, the Betty Crocker is the exception rather than the rule. No wonder they've been in business over 100 years!

August 3, 2010 Flag

When something breaks around your home, do NOT be afraid to go on-line and write a nice e-mail to the company that makes that item and ask for help.

The spigot recently broke off our Brita water filter and I e-mailed the company to ask about how to get a new spigot - I was willing to pay for a new one. The company sent me a new part absolutely FREE! (And our filter system was way out of guarantee.)

Also - my Fiskars craft punch was giving me fits recently so I e-mailed the company to inquire about the way to sharpen them. Fiskars sent me a brand spanking new one for FREE and I had that punch for years. I was told it didn't matter - they were still replacing it for free!

Many companies will send out replacements for free! And what's the harm in asking. It can sure a whole lot of hard earned cash to just take a moment and send an e-mail!

By Sue

Answers:

When Something Breaks, Contact the Manufacturer

I had a Leap Pad that the pen quit working on. When I called them they asked for my address, and in about 2 week sent me a new pen. It sure beats giving up on an expensive toy or product that you have bought. I have also called food companies and received free coupons when their product was not right. (08/31/2004)

By Stacy in El Paso

Home and Garden Home Improvement MiscellaneousAugust 3, 2010
Contact Paper Crafts
Craft Uses for Contact Paper
Painting
Painting Over Contact Paper
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
Pasta Maker
Repairing a Pasta Maker
🎉
🎄