Freeze Your Sliced Bananas

I buy a bunch of just ripe bananas once a month and they never spoil the entire month or until I use them all. My secret for keeping them fresh? The moment I bring them home from the market, I peel them, slice them coin-style, place them in a freezer bag, and chuck them into the freezer. I thaw as much as I need for shakes, deserts and such, or eat them frozen which are really yummy and if you're lactose intolerant like me, they are an alternative to ice cream. This is a money saver and lasts for what seems like forever.

By sbb1 from Umm al Quain, UAE

That sounds like a great idea. They would be good dipped in chocolate, also. Frozen bananas do taste like ice cream.

I buy the bananas that no one will buy. They have brown spots and are usually soft. I take them home and freeze them in a zip loc bag as is and when I get a craving for banana bread I just take out a few and thaw them. I cut the tip off and squeeze the banana into my mixing bowl and make my banana bread. I've always got a stash of bananas for banana bread.

yes frozen babanas are just yummy and they do tastes great with chocolate syrup. I love ice cream but its just not worth the stomach ache I get from eating it and where I live the lactose free brand is very expensive because its Breyers and so its imported. Whenever I want an ice cream treat I cover the bottom of a small microwavable bowl with chocolate syrup and pour pureed bananas over it and freeze it and its just a cool alternative to ice cream really. Enjoy!

I love the frozen banana idea. Never

knew it resembled ice cream and will definitely

try it! Especially with summer coming. Thanks

for the great ideas!

I slice a banana, freeze it, and then make a smoothie using the frozen banana slices, chocolate soy milk, and honey.

Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitMay 1, 2008
A bunch of bananas.
Storing Bananas
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
A banana on ice.
Freezing Bananas
mashed bananas in baggie
Freezing Overripe Bananas