Making Liquid Potpourri

I use potpourri in a big pan with water and put on top of the stove to simmer all day to keep my home smelling good. My question is can I save the water of the potpourri and add a scent the same as the potpourri then use it as a liquid potpourri?

Angie from WI

What I would suggest rather than keeping the liquid, would be to just take water and add a few drops of pure essential oil. Lemon, orange, wintergreen, lavendar or any number of choices. The cost for the oil is expensive, but the bottle goes a long way as only two or three drops is required. Also works good in the bathwater too for a relaxing bath. You could also use the essential oils in a bottle with some alcool as a mist air freshner.

Save yourself some money and buy a "little dipper" from Walmart. It is like a mini crockpot, it holds @3-4 cups. I use mine lots for dips and potpourri.

You can find them for around $5.00 and it takes a lot less power to use a plug in appliance that stove top.

www.recipezaar.com type in potpourri, they have recipes there.

I have used the same water for up to 3 days.

Thanks for the tips

Angie

How about the Dollar Stores Perfume Mist Sprays? A quick squirt in the dryer does it here & most Softener Sheets are Scented!

Making Your Own Potpourri
Making Your Own Potpourri
Crafts AdviceJanuary 7, 2008
dish of grapefruit potpourri with slices for hanging on the side
Making Grapefruit Potpourri
Close up of cinnamon and orange potpouri
Making a Cinnamon and Orange Potpourri Bag
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri, Dried Flowers in Container
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri
Making a Potpourri Pie
Making a Potpourri Pie
🎄
🍂