Fruit Netting For Gift Wrap

I like to use the 'netting' that oranges, apples, and grapefruit sometimes comes in from the grocery store to make either a net 'ribbon' or a cute net overlay wrap for gifts. It is easy to work with and is a great way to recycle!

By CDC from FL

Great idea! And I think the net overlay would be great to use when making greeting cards too. Thanks for the idea.

Good ideas! Anything to save money these days is a good thing. Use what you have, don't waste, and be thankful for what you have is my motto. :)

November 14, 2010 Flag

Believe it or not, unconventional gift wrapping is now considered fashionable and "artistic". I just used a recycled netting from a bag of oranges around a book with a card in the front and closed with squares of glittery mylar with holes cut into them through which I drew the netting to create a rosette of sorts - to great acclaim. (Save all that netting you run into - it's great for quick gift wrap.)

By Pam from Los Angeles

Answers:

Orange Netting For Unconventional Gift Wrap

I love the idea, Pam. I used an empty flour bag once for gift giving. I shook it out really well, cut off the top to have a straight edge, hot glued a fabric ruffle along the top, and packed a zip-lock bag of cookies into it. My friend liked the bag so much she kept it in her kitchen as a decoration. It's good to have friends that are as weird as me and appreciate my frugality! (11/07/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Coffee and cookie bags also work nicely (and smell great): easy to decorate!

(11/07/2006)

By Rose Anne

Holidays and Parties Gifts Gift WrappingNovember 14, 2010
Recycled Wrapping Paper
Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Nylon Netting for Crafts
Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts
Bird Netting
Inexpensive Bird Netting
🎉
🎄