Frugal Decorating With Old Calendars

Cheap Ways to Decorate

Need to decorate in a bad way but have almost no money to spare? If you want to perk up those bare walls with artwork here's what you do.

1) Wait until January when calendars are at half to 75% off to pick your favorite artist or pictures and pick up diploma/certificate frames. These are the real plain ones with no actual frame like you see in art galleries or on a doc's office wall. Cut to template and frame. 12 pieces of artwork.

2) Find your favorite artists online and save the pics to your hard drive. Then print them out in greyscale under the best quality option. Use colored pencils to color them in. They come out looking like soft watercolor prints. They are beautiful and super easy, fun and cheap. Frame and hang. Done.

Hope this helps you.

By Suzanne S.

Beautiful Scenes on a Blank Wall

I never throw away those beautiful pictures on calendars, especially the nature scenes. I will cut them out to make beautiful scenes on a blank wall. I'll buy $2-$3 8x10 or 10x13 frames from Walmart, depending on the size of the picture, take out the paper insert from the frame, flip it over so only the white part is showing, center the picture on it, tack it down with a small bit of stick glue, and frame! Usually the pictures in the calendar go together well, so you've got a beautiful scene for a wall already done for you! Sometimes I will even paint the plain wood frames with an acrylic paint to make the pictures look more expensive.

By Sandra from Floral City, FL

I also save old calendars and use the pictures to tape onto the fronts of boxes I ship to family members. The postal service always gets a kick out of my packages!

Every year I buy calanders that go with my decor in a certain room. Then at the end of the year I frame them with the inexpensive wood frames at Walmart.They are $2.00 a frame and if you don't like the frame as is, just sand it a little and paint it to the color you like. I always buy the Lang calanders that are very good quality. Everyone thinks that I spend $40 or more on my pics that are from these calanders...I don't fess up :)

Don't over look Goodwill, Salvation Army and St Vincents for great buys in frames. Any thrift store may have some. Many times they have nice pictures for $5.00 or so. You can change pictures with the seasons.

Diploma/certificate frames are found often at Dollar stores.

Anjeena, as mentioned here, Walmart has diploma frames pretty cheap. I've also found them before at Dollar Tree where everything is $1. And you can always find some at a thrift store and often a yard sale. You might even consider buying a frame with a print, if it's cheap enough and the right size. You can just toss the print or put it in a yard sale and use only the frame. There are really several options.

Repurposing Calendar Pictures
Repurposing Calendar Pictures
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Budget DecoratingOctober 30, 2004
Printable advent calendar.
Printable Advent Calendars
Family Photo
Making Family Photo Calendars
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating
Pocket Calendar
Uses for Pocket Calendars