KitchenHome Improvement

Shining Formica Counter Tops

I have formica counter tops and I was wondering if there is any way to "buff" the counter to make it shine again? It only has faint scratches so I thought that maybe if I was it and then buff it without a buffer.

TIA
Cookiepom

I have formica countertops also. As far as I know, buffing will not remove scratches or make them shine again. Kitchen wax helps, but the product I like the best is Protect All...all surface cleaner. I have used it on a lot of surfaces including my counters and the dash board of my car. It takes very little, you spray it on, rub it in and hand buff it dry immediately. Simple and effective.

My mother would polish the counter tops with Jubilee Wax by Johnson and Johnson. She's buy it in the grocery stores. Doesn't buff out scratches, but makes the whole counter top look better.

A friend of mine said that her mother would put in on the tiles in her shower area (but not on the floor 'cause of slipperiness) and that cut down on water spotting.