Rooting Plant Cuttings

An easy way to root angel trumpets, confederate rose, and rose of Sharon is to cut a branch off and put it in water halfway up the stem until it has roots. Put it in the ground and keep watered for a couple of weeks. They return every year.

By chott2004 from Tuscaloosa, AL

February 11, 2010 Flag

How do I root a Camellia?

By rvgranny from Columbia, SC

Rooting Plant Cuttings

These two websites should help:

Ad (04/19/2009)

By Anonymous

Rooting Plant Cuttings

I have a bunch of these in my yard and this time of year (in my area) they are just popping up. If you can dig up a root or one of the little shoots with the root attached it might be even easier than rooting it. I don't do anything at all to these flowers, I just leave them be (they were planted by the previous owner) and they just keep coming back stronger every year! (04/19/2009)

By Cyinda

April 19, 2009 Flag

I have tried several times to root a plant from a cutting. I have heard lots of different ways to do it, but so far none, and I mean none have worked. I am good with store bought plants, but would like to learn to root some. Any advice would be helpful, as I am told by the girl next door, now is the time of the year.

Thank you in advance,

Rooting Plant Cuttings

All those leftover clear glass vases from the florist, here's a great idea for rooting a plant cutting. You'll need 2 vases, both should be same height and you'll need one small bud vase and one larger vase.

First, carefully insert the bud vase into the larger vase. Then fill up the spaces between the two with colorful marbles, rocks, buttons, whatever you have on hand. The water, of course, is then filled into the bud vase where you place your cutting. If you place this in a window where it catches the light you'll have a pretty root starter (and good use of those empty vases).

By Pam (08/23/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Rooting Plant Cuttings

I have been rooting plants very successfully with a powder called "rooting hormone". I have found it at WalMart and some nurserys. There is also a great website It has tons of advice! (08/24/2005)

By Cookie

A cutting of a plant growing in a clay pot.
Starting Plants from Cuttings
Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsFebruary 11, 2010
Poplar Tree Cutting
Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
Rooting Impatiens Cuttings
Rooting Impatiens Cuttings
spider plant in flask
Rooting Plants in Water
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings