Product Reivew: Viva Paper Towels

I buy the thicker, stronger VIVA brand paper towels for cleaning dirty jobs with. Most of the time they can be rinsed and reused. I use them for windows and mirror cleaning. And even for wiping up spills in the kitchen. The last use would be in the bathroom. Then I just toss in the trash.

I also keep some in a zippered bag in my car, along with bottled water. I always have access to a wet and/or rag in the car for spills and sticky grandbaby hands.

By Debbie Jennings from Hawkins TX

I can't see why anyone would buy disposable paper towels to wash and reuse them. Why not just be thrifty and environmentally conscious and reuse cleaning rags made from materials you would normally be tossing out?

These are my favorite, too. I don't mind spending a few cents extra to buy a brand that is really above the rest.

I agree with dh8. I buy lots of inexpensive face cloths to use in the kitchen and bathroom. They last for years and you are not wasting money on paper towels, wipes etc.

I buy Viva paper towels and then generic paper towels. The Viva paper towels have a specific job: they are used to clean my fish tanks. I always get the select-a-size one and use it to clean out the test tubes for water testing; they wipe down algae from the front; they are even strong enough to get stubborn snails from the front and sides of my largest fish tank! The Viva paper towels are only to be used with the fish-related stuff, though; anything else warrants the use of a generic paper towel! BTW I cannot use a recycled cleaning rag for the purpose of the fish tank because #1 it will leave lint that the fish will eat and can cause blockage, and #2 they have been washed in soap and soap cannot go in a fish tank.

April 29, 2009 Flag

Believe it or not the best thing to use if you have a runny nose is Viva paper towels. I know, I know. But they are soft and strong. You could get the ones that are divided in threes but I just tear each of the regular sheets in half. I had a cold for two weeks that was mostly a head cold. I only used these paper towels and I never got a red or sore nose, and I normally get sore around my mouth and lip too. Nothing, zip, nada. It is really the best and far superior to those other tissues. And not too expensive because you only use half.

By Heather from Whitman, MA

Answers:

Viva Paper Towels Review

I did an experiment tonight, February 20,2008. and I got that Viva was more absorbent than Bounty. (02/20/2008)

By Winitra

Viva Paper Towels Review

Viva paper towels "used" to be great for your nose. They were the softest ever. However they changed the formula and made them rough and scratchy on one side and not as soft on the other. What were they thinking? The towels were unique and they messed them up trying to halfway be like the others. They claim to be soft on the advertising on the package but when you open them you get a surprise. I am very disappointed. (05/12/2008)

By 5757

Viva Paper Towels Review

My husband and I are finding Viva is NOT what it was. When you dry your hands on them, the paper towel frays all over your hand. It never did that before. We ALWAYS used Viva for the durability and softness and now we are finding a change and are not happy with them. What happened? (08/17/2008)

By Patty

Viva Paper Towels Review

I have a perpetual runny nose and always had a soft Viva in my pocket. I have bought only Viva towels for nearly a decade as they were a truly superior product for all uses. Unfortunately they drastically lowered the quality sometime in the past year. It happened around the same time that they introduced the longer rolls (at a higher price). I assume they thinned and hardened the towels so the longer rolls would fit a standard dispenser. Viva towels aren't nearly the high quality they once were.
(01/12/2009)

By slipe

Health & Beauty AdviceApril 29, 2009
paper towel being pulled off cute flower holder
Uses for Paper Towels
Paper Towels
Fixing a Toilet Clogged By Paper Towels
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎄