Wedding and Reception Locations in Baltimore, MD

I'm planning my wedding in the Baltimore area in September 2011. I need a cheap wedding hall/reception location that includes tables, chairs, etc. We are pretty much doing everything ourselves except the food. I have a private caterer (family friend) so it has to have a full kitchen and allow an outside caterer to come in. I have one place in mind that I found using this site, but I'd like others to compare it to. Thanks so much in advance!

By Meg from Baltimore, MD

Since I didn't get any feedback...after searching and searching I've found these places, they are pretty much all under $2000 and include tables and chairs, most allow you to bring in your own caterer.

Baldwin Hall

Kahler Hall

The Other Barn

The Meeting House

Historic Oakland

Quiet Waters Park

Liriodendron Mansion- a little farther out

Historic Oakland

Kittamaqundi community church

Boordy Vineyards

Westminster Hall- but it's located in Baltimore

That is all I can remember off the top of my head, I have a few more I've found but I'll have to post them later, hope this helps anyone.

Thank you for posting this list of possibly venues. I also am living in Baltimore and planning a wedding. What place did you end up choosing. I am orginally from Delaware. I am trying to find something that is in between Maryland and Delaware. It isn't easy. Congratulations on the wedding.

January 31, 2011 Flag

I am looking for affordable location to host my wedding reception for about 100 guests on a very tight budget! Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

By Ara from Baltimore, MD

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try your smaller local churches, VFW post are pretty cheap to. smaller suburbs are cheaper. I live about 20 miles out of our big city. Go Packers! (LOL) We have a building called the barn, it is going to cost me $100.00 for the building, if I go into the city for a park it will cost $500.00. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Do you have a large community center where your elderly have their congregate meals together. The places a very large and accommodating to folks with our without disabilities. One of their rooms has a kitchen in it with a refrigerator, sink, stove, microwave. The rent is about $20 per hour here in NC. or ask your local (again large)nursing home for their dining room and invite all of their 'live ins' to join you. The cost should be near nothing as it will be giving their residents something to do and everyone loves a wedding, bridal or baby shower even the elderly!

Good luck and keep us posted on what you end up doing!

October 8, 2010 Flag

I am new to Baltimore, MD. I will be getting married either late 2011 or 2012. The major problem I am facing is where to find an affordable place to have my wedding/reception. I am thinking about having 80 to 100 guests. I have tried a few fire halls, with no luck. I just want a affordable place to rent for a few hours that will provide tables and chairs. Any suggestions would be great.

By Lo from Baltimore, MD

Are there any churches there that may have a fellowship hall that you could rent out? (09/11/2010)

By firefly57

September 8, 2010 Flag

I am looking for an inexpensive location for ceremony and reception for a June wedding. The wedding budget is about $1000.

By Belinsbaby from Baltimore, MD

Some suggestions from past ThrftyFun posts:
The local high school, Ramada Inn, in the park at a pavillion or rent a church for the day. (04/19/2009)

By Anonymous

April 16, 2009 Flag

I need help finding an inexpensive wedding venue so close to the holiday season in the MD area. I just got engaged this Nov 4, 2008, but we have a wedding date of Dec 20, 2008. I am trying to find an inexpensive location for the wedding/reception combo.

I really do not want to have it at home, but I do realize I have almost no time left, little money, and its the last Saturday before Christmas of this year. Please help, I am open to all suggestions and I am feeling a little desperate!

Lynette from Baltimore, MD

Have you tried your local High School? I know it isn't much but you can always decorate it, inexpensively. I have a friend who only spent $500 on her entire wedding including dress, by having it at her local high school. It was very retro. (11/19/2008)

By bina2j

Try the Ramada Inn. They can get you a good deal for about $30 a person (and that includes the hall fee, food, service, a room for the bride, and some other things). Simple place for a simple wedding. (11/28/2008)

November 17, 2008 Flag

I am planning a wedding for May 2006 in Baltimore, MD. I am looking for an inexpensive location to have both my wedding and reception. I'm not orginally from Maryland. Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated. Thank you for your time and input.

Lorinda from Baltimore

You could go to the park. Patapsco state park has pavilions. The Overhills Mansion in Catonsville has an outdoor area where people get married and a lovely indoor area for reception. Try asking friends and people who you work with. Or call the Maryland visitors bureau. Maybe they have some information for what you need. Do you attend a local church? The churches here in Catonsville and Arbutus don't really charge but have an arrangement where you donate to the church for the use of the building and pastor. Yes I am in Baltimore, MD. Catonsville and Arbutus are suburbs of Balto City, south of the city on 95. (08/25/2005)

By sandy

Try Paul's on the South River in Annapolis. It's on the water, and cheap but small. (03/25/2008)

Maryland Wedding
Maryland Wedding Locations
Weddings PlanningOctober 8, 2010
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas