Teaching a Child to Knit

I am looking for instructions books to teach a child to knit and crochet. Does anyone have any idea where I can find them?

By Lynda (crabby) from Kearny, NJ

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If you have a local Walmart that still sells fabric then they will have them. I work at Walmart in fabrics and crafts and we have a very good book that comes with the knitting needles too.

I used this book to help when learning how to knit:

http://www.amaz  50887&sr=1-6

It was very helpful to me (even though I'm an adult!). There is also a book for learning to crochet, although I haven't tried it (and there are no reviews):

http://www.amaz  X/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Best of luck, and have fun with the teaching/learning! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/

Type in Learn to knit or Learn to crochet in the search box.

When searching for ideas a few year ago, I found this rhyme that helped my niece to remember the steps in creating a knit stitch. "In the door, then around the back, through the window, and out jumps Jack."

There's a wonderful book called Sunny's Mittens that you might find useful. It's a story about a grandma who teaches her granddaughter to knit mittens. The instructions are very clear and the story is lovely. The book can be found at Amazon.com. Best of luck with the projects!

There is a really good book called Stich n' Bitch Crochet. It's not really for kids but it has very clear and concise instructions and lots of patterns.

Crafts KnittingMay 12, 2009
Students in a Kindergarten Classroom
Teaching Kindergarten Students
A child putting coins in a donation bucket.
Teaching Kids About Holiday Giving
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
Teaching a Child to Be Thoughtful
Teaching a Child to Be Respectful
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:47:41 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.