Browsing: Cleaning With Borax

Using Borax and Boric Acid Around Children

I have a 17 month old daughter who has a heart defect, allergies to wheat and dairy, and is asthmatic. My landlord is currently wishing to send Rentokil to my home to treat woodworm which is rampant throughout the timbers of my home. Rentokil wishs to use borax and boric acid in order to treat the problem (Control Fluid SB). My concern is for my daughter who, as I have listed out above, may come to harm. Can you advise please?

Thank you.

By Julie E.

Best Answer

Julie, I think you should be asking your daughter's pediatrician or specialist about this. Surely they can give you better advice than us. I imagine they have a nurse who will speak to you. If the nurse cannot answer your question, s/he will check with the doctor and call you back. Best of luck, and I hope your daughter is doing well!

Probably no one here is qualified to give you an accurate answer. I wonder why you don't just give her doctor a call.

Yes, and Googling things is a much faster solution than waiting. We love to help, but time sensitive things sometimes should not wait.