Getting Rid of Ammonia Smell

My dog had puppies. Now the house smells of ammonia. What can I do to get rid of the smell?

By Angie from Cambridge, UK

March 8, 2011 Flag

A plastic bottle of ammonia leaked onto the fiberboard bottom of a bathroom cabinet. Any idea how to get rid of the smell?

By nlg from Arlington, VA

Getting Rid of Ammonia Smell

My kitchen sink cabinet got stinky from a very slow faucet leak. I took everything down and wiped with bleach, then let a box fan blow under there until every thing dried out. Then I put a large bowl of charcoal and a medium bowl of vinegar in the cabinet, and left them in there for a week (of course, you will have to take care if you have young children or animals that may meddle and eat these!). Those were the only things that helped at our house to stop the mildewy smell that always came up when you would be near the kitchen sink. (07/25/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

Getting Rid of Ammonia Smell

White vinegar wiped or sprayed on, full strength. Repeat over few days until smell gone. (07/25/2010)

Getting Rid of Ammonia Smell

Vinegar and ammonia and bleach should never be used on the same thing. Dangerous toxic fumes may be too much.
This is a chemical reaction that is stated right on the bottles.
Put some baking soda on the spot. Chemically, BS is a neutralizer for those 3 chemicals. (07/29/2010)

By TandT Grandma

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMarch 8, 2011
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Cleaning Toilet With Ammonia
Cleaning With Ammonia
A white bottle of household ammonia.
Cleaning Up Spilled Household Ammonia
Washing Dishes With Ammonia
Washing Dishes With Ammonia