EggsRecipes

Making Eggs in the Microwave

How do you microwave an egg to eat?

Marjorie from Michigan

Just put in a bowl, mix it up if you like and cover it. I usually microwave 1 min. per egg.

There are 2 ways i do it. 1st, you butter a bowl, crack the eggs in it and puncture the eggs. Its good really! The 2nd way you use a wax coated paper plate and put the eggs right on it, Only cook them a few minutes depending how strong your mic is. (smile)

I mix one or two eggs with a little milk in a small bowl. I like Corelle. It's almost non-stick. I cook for about 30 seconds, stir and cook 30 more seconds or until done. I like to use these microwaved eggs for breakfast sandwiches on bagels or english muffins.

I spray inside of a coffee mug with Pam Spray,then I drop the eggs in the mugWITHOUT the shells and whip them with a fork for a little bit. Then I put them in microwave for about 10 seconds,give them another quick whisk and 5 more seconds Nice and fluffy

scramble and egg in a 2 cup measuring cup

add a2 Tbs of water and season to taste

microwave for one minute (watch it!)

Lightese, fluffiest eggs you'll ever eat

I love eggs in the microwave best of all. Easy, fast & delicious with little clean up. Place beaten eggs in Pam sprayed deep bowl, season with salt pepper & whatever more U like. Set timer for 45 seconds per egg ( 1 egg 45 sec, 2 eggs 1minute 30 sec, & so forth ) then begin microwave. Eggs will puff up & cook completely in time set. I found that I have to sometimes cook a bit longer until liquid is all absorbed depending on size of eggs. When done I usually place a piece of cheese on hot eggs & just micro a bit more till cheese all melts. ENJOY< ENJOY

OOPS!!!!!!!!!! forgot to say add small amount of water to uncooked eggs.

I learned this in 1970 when we bought our first microwave. Lightly toast a slice of bread, push down with your finger making a round circle in the middle, crack the egg open and put the egg in the circle. Prick the yolk with a toothpick so it won't explode and cook the egg 1 minute or to your satisfaction. It was such a fun breakfast for my little boys.

They also make a egg shaped plastic divice that you put water in the bottom, place the egg holder over the water, place 4 eggs in it and put the top on it. Zap till they are boiled! Time varies according to microwaves. I love mine and use it a lot.

Crack eggs into a bowl. Add milk, salt, pepper. Microwave for 30 sec. on high. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds. again. should be just perfect. You may add cheese at this time and it will melt on the egg.

First toast a slice of bread..Place toast on micro-wave safe plate or paper plate. Spread the top of the bread with some butter or margarine.. Make a depression with a spoon inside the crust and break and egg into the depression, salt & pepper to taste.

Put waxed paper over the plate and micro-wave of 20 seconds if not done to your satisfaction. Micro-wave for 5 seconds intervals till done.

I was taught several ways to microwave eggs. The easiest is to prick the yolk, stir egg and 1 tsp water in a cup or bowl. Cook 45 seconds to 1 min, checking after 45 sec. If it doesn't appear totally cooked, add small amounts of more time. I also learned to hard cook an egg still in the shell when my kitchen was being renovated. I wrapped the egg in aluminum foil, put it in a container of water, and brought the container (of water) to a boil. I procceeded pretty much as I would have on stove top then as far as time. My kitchen was being renovated and I had no range for a time.

Why would you want to? They have already proven that microwaves mutate food to the point that no vitamins in it are left. They are still there sort of just mutated so badly that your body cannot use any of them. Instead they are seen as a problem not a food. If you ate ONLY microwaved food you would start getting sick in a very short period. As short as 2 weeks to as long as 2 months. I don't even own one.

Dear LisaBee,

I know of no evidence of the statements you have made. Don't you realize that the FDA would NEVER allow anything like that if these were truly proven facts? You are really short-changing yourself by not using a microwave. Food, especially vegetables, cooked in a microwave retain most of their vitamins, and everything is truly so much faster and easier to clean then regular methods. Microwave cooking is incredible!.