Making a Door Stop

How can I make a door stop? I know it sounds simple but where do I begin?

Donita from Loveland, CO.

Cover a brick with batting and some fabric to corridinate with your room decor.Decorate a coffee can and put rocks in it.A small basket with some weight in it.

For holidays, you can fill a can or plastic container w/ rocks or sand & place in a decorative. holiday-themed gift bag, place some tissue paper in the top & use that as a door stop. For Christmas, you can do the same w/ a box and wrap it in gift paper w/ a bow.

I make 'draft dodgers' that can double as door stops. I buy tube socks and fill them 3/4 of the way with cat litter. Then I twist the open end of the sock and turn it down over the top of the sock. I use the same method of closing bread bags so I don't need the pesky little metal twist ties. My draft dodgers/door stops cost very little and last forever. By the way, they also can be used to absorb rain that splashes on a window sill.

You will need:

An empty 1lb coffee can with removable lid

A gift bag tall enough to house a 1lb coffee can

Tissue paper to match the gift bag

Duct tape

Take the coffee can

Fill with sand, unused kitty litter, or stones

Replace the lid

Seal lid with duct tape

Place inside the gift bag

Top with matching tissue...

Voila! An Instant door stop....

Woops....I didnt read the previous posts....seems the giftbag doorstop is popular......have fun with whatever you do....

I use a doll's chair, received from Father Christmas more than 50 years ago!, as a door stop for my front door. For the other doors, I use rocks picked up at my favourite places.

Local hardware store for $1.00.

Thank you for all the ideas and enjoy your summer!

Start with a brick or rock. Mix flour and water to a thin consistancy and tear papar (newspaper is pretty) and dip into flour mixture. Apply pcs. in layers onto the rock or brick. Paper machet.. You can also use colored papers and prints. Also, fabric.

Have fun

Use a brick or large stone which you could paint either a an animal or flower, or wrap it in fabric as you would a parcel then tie a ribbon around and tie a bow on the top,

My brother made one for me. He took a scrap piece of wood and cut it into an angle. Sorry I can't tell you like what degree. Anyway - I shove the narrow end under the door and pull the door forward slightly. Also, he made some slight little cuts in the bottom to keep it from sliding.

Tonya

Use a cuddly hot water bottle cover and put a sturdy carrier bag of sand in it.

Although a very old response, I discovered that cutting an old worn down rubber thong swimming poll sandal heel off mid-shoe makes a nice door stop and doesn't look that bad, either. It's not too thick and won't slide so easily. : )

I really need information on how to make a door stop if you know how to make one just let me know.

If it's an emergency, just take an empty gallon jug and fill it with water. When you're through, dispose it in the proper manner, plastic, glass, etc.

If your room is carpeted, take a fork and bend it at a 90 degree angle and stick it under the door with the prongs facing away from the door!

Make Your Own MiscellaneousMay 19, 2007
Portrait of a female golden retriever.
When Do Dogs Stop Going Into Heat?
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Pug with bandage leg.
Treating a Pet's Wound
🎄
🍂