Peanut - Orange Tabby

Peanut was a 2 year old Orange Tabby. My aunt was fighting cancer and her son brought home a stray cat. Little did they know, she was pregnant. I got Peanut from the litter. He wasn't the one she had picked out for me, but he picked me when I went to pick up my new kitty!

His favorite thing in the world were the caps from 2 liter soda bottle. Whenever he heard the carbon release when I would open a bottle, he would come running! After he died, I moved and was cleaning under the fridge- there were about 100 stray caps under there!

I had to put Peanut down 2 days before my aunt lost her battle with cancer. He was a great little guy, but he got into the garbage and ate the string that holds a beef roast together (I had no idea) it severed his intestines, and he became toxic. I had no other choice but to put him down. So please, don't let your cats play with string. They love it, but it can be fatal!

By bugsmom from Spokane, WA

So cute! I have two kitties myself, Sarabi a fat Siamese and Nala, an Abby Tabby and oh yeah, Sampson our rogue Siamese that adopted us (he's strictly an outside man). I hear you on the caps! I just cleaned out from under the fridge today, Sarabi loves hair elastics, but after your story that scares me! They both loves caps too, oh yeah and their "crazy stupid" (cat nip). Hope you find another kitty angel as special as Peanut.

I'm so sorry for your loss - I know you miss precious Peanut! Do go to your local humane society and see if they have another "Peanut" that needs you as much as you need him/her. I just had to have my old pekingnese put to sleep about a month ago, and I plan to see if I can find another older dog who needs a good home. My prayers go with you in your grief.

what a FABULOUS SMILE he had!!! We live in the country and I have too many cats but love them all. The outside cats are as spoiled as the inside cats. I take lots of pictures too as they have such personalities, as does your Peanut! I'm sorry for your loss and grateful for the warning... my kitties like the tinsel on the Christmas tree... not using it anymore.

Orange Tabby
Orange Tabby Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesDecember 28, 2006
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Tabby Cat
Tabby Breed Information and Photos
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
🎉
🎄