A cheery and easy wreath to welcome guests for Easter Sunday.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 7 eggs
- spring fabric scraps
- spring pipe cleaners
- 3 feet of soft wire
- florist tape
- wire cutters
- cutouts for decorating eggs
- tacky glue
- Carefully prick a hole about 1/8 inch across in both ends of the eggs. Wiggle a toothpick around inside the egg to break the yolk so it will blow out easily. Place one end of the egg over a bowl and blow on the other end to empty the raw egg. Run warm water into the egg and shake to clean the egg, another option is to add a teaspoon or so of white vinegar to clean the inside of the egg. Shake out all of the liquid and let dry overnight. Repeat with all eggs.
- String the eggs on wire, I use aluminum wire, adding a Lifesaver in-between each egg. Twist the ends of the wire together forming a circle to hang your wreath with.
- Cut three 6 inch pieces of wire and make a small circle in one end, lay these aside.
- With your scraps of fabric, roughly cut out six 4 inch circles, use pinking shears (if you have them). Layer two wrong sides together and push a 6 inch piece of your wire through the center. Gather the fabric around the wire and use your florist tape to secure the fabric, continue wrapping down the stem of wire. Repeat with all three "flowers."
- Gather the flowers and wrap them together then with the base of your flowers close to the bottom of your twisted wire wrap your flowers around the wire at the top of your wreath. Bring the bottom of the stems down to the center of the wreath and wrap them separately around a pencil to curl.
- I cut pictures from one of my fabrics and used decoupage to secure them to the eggs, but you could decorate them as you wish.
By LATRTATR from Loup City, NE
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 4:04:12 PM on 10.0.1.28 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us