Repurposing Large Reusable Totes

I received some pretty big reusable bags, but found when filled with groceries, they were too heavy to lift and carry to put in my car. They're very sturdy though, so I didn't want to get rid of them. Now I keep one in my kitchen, next to my trash can, and put recyclables in it. When the bag gets full, I put the contents outside in my recycle cart.

I put another large reusable bag on my pantry door to hold aluminum cans. When full, I take them to my church where the Scouts convert the cans to cash and buy Bibles to distribute. A win/win for people and the environment!

By caseye from Plano, TX

Green Reusable Shopping Bag
Using Reusable Shopping Bags
Organizing MiscellaneousFebruary 26, 2010
Making a Reusable Shopping Bag
Making a Reusable Shopping Bag
Washable Wiping Squares
Reusable Toilet Paper (Cloth Wiping Squares)
Reusable Crochet Cotton Facial Rounds
Making Reusable Crochet Cotton Facial Rounds
black shopping bag filled with fruit, veggies, and loaves of bread
Remembering Reusable Shopping Bags
🎉
🎄