Browsing: Pulled Pork Recipes

Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches

contest winner icon

Does anyone remember Love's BBQ restaurants? I loved their 'The Porker' sandwich and actually worked at the Love's in Brentwood, CA as a hostess for about a year when I was in my early twenties! Alas, they are out of business in the US now but the memory of those yummy sandwiches inspired me to try this recipe ;-)

• 1-1/2 tsp. butter
  • 1 pound boneless pork roast
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 cups water
  • 1-1/2 tsp. liquid smoke flavoring (hickory flavor is best for pork)
  • Your favorite BBQ sauce, heated
  • 3 hamburger buns, split

Cut the pork roast into large chunks. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, and brown on all sides. Remove from the skillet, and transfer to a slow cooker.

Add the onion and garlic to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes until tender. Stir in the water scraping the bottom to include all of the browned pork bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour the whole mixture into the slow cooker with the pork. Stir in liquid smoke flavoring.

Cover, and cook on High for 6 hours, or until meat is falling apart when pierced with a fork. Remove pieces of pork from the slow cooker, and shred. Empty the slow cooker of any liquid and return the pork to the slow cooker to keep warm until serving.

Heat the amount of BBQ sauce you wish to smother your pork with in a saucepan. Stir in to the shredded pork. Place equal amounts of the pork and sauce mixture on to the bottom portions of the three buns. Top with the top portion of the buns and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Yes, I remember Love's. We lived in Woodland Hills. They had such good food. Am I remembering right, that they had another sandwich and it was beef, pork and ham BBQ or was it just pulled pork and I've remembered wrong?

NaLee, I don't remember ham ever being served (at least at the Brentwood Love's which was one of the very first/original Love's), only pork, beef, chicken and ribs. It's been so many years now but I think if there was a combo sandwich it might have been 'Heart's Delight'?

I miss Love's too. They did have ham (in West Covina) and it was delicious as was their BBQ sauce!! Your pork recipe sounds good.

Hey Guys :-) Decided to look up the history of Love's Restaurants and, guess what, the sauces are still being sold! They're on the expensive side and you have to buy six bottles at a time for any of the three flavors but there are no shipping charges. There is, however, a sampler pack of one of each of the three flavors for $29.95! I am going to buy the sampler pack but have to wait a little while until I have a little extra money. If you buy online you have to pay by PayPal but they also have a printable order form for mail-in orders where they will accept a check :-)

Pulled Pork Tacos
Pulled Pork Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches BBQFebruary 17, 2010
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
crockpot pulled pork
Crockpot Pulled Pork Recipes
Barbecue Pork
Barbecue Pork Recipes
Serving bbq ribs to a large group.
Making BBQ for a Large Group