Maple Baked Beans
Invented by Native Americans and passed on to early European settlers with variations. I received this recipe from my friend and it's made often during the winter.
- 2 lbs. dried navy beans
- 1/2 lb. thick bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F when ready to bake.
- Soak dried beans overnight. Then precook beans.
- Line the bottom of a bean pot or casserole with half the bacon followed by the onion. Add cooked beans.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over beans. If necessary, add more water to cover. Top with remaining bacon.
- Bake 5 to 6 hours, adding more boiling water and syrup if liquid is needed.
By Connie from Cotter, AR
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 9:17:25 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us