Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making a Rug from Polyester Fabric Squares

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Polyester Fabric Squares

Small squares of polyester material can be sewn together and used to make a unique throw rug. This is a guide about making a rug from polyester fabric squares.

Here are questions related to Making a Rug from Polyester Fabric Squares.

Question: Making a Rug from Polyester Squares

I am looking for how-to make rug out of 1inch or 2 inch squares. You fold them over and sew. That's all I know! I'm a crafter and want to make for Christmas. Thanks.

By Jsanette L.

Question: Shopping for Pre-cut Polyester Squares

Does anyone know if you can buy the polyester squares already cut out? My mom makes rugs, but she is having a hard time cutting out the squares.

By Carolyn

Most Recent Answer

By Carmela S.08/17/2013

Buy your mom an Accuquilt GO! Baby cutter. It comes with the "value" set which includes a 4 1/2", 2 1/2" squares (4" and 2" finished size) and a 1 1/2" triangle shape. You can cut 6-8 squares at a time. Go! Baby cutter's best price where I bought mine was at:
quilting-warehouse.com for $74.99 which was the cheapest around. This will help your mom out tremendously.

Question: Making a Rug from Polyester Fabric Squares

I saw a post asking about making a rug out of polyester fabric squares. Did anyone ever post a pattern? I recently bought a rug and think it looks like fun to make. Thanks!

By TinaP from WI

Question: Polyester Rug Pattern

I am looking for a rug pattern where the polyester is cut into squares and sewn together so that the points stick up.

By Jan

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi T.12/21/2012

One or two inch squares folded into triangles sewn together to make a chain. 100 squares to a chain about 20 chains to a rug. Sew chain to denim material starting in middle.

Question: Rugs Made From Polyester Squares

I am looking for a pattern, made with small squares of double knit material sewn to a bigger piece of fabric to make a rug.

By Janice from Hays, KS

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi T.12/21/2012

One inch or two inch squares folded into triangles sewn together to make a chain, approx. 100 squares to a chain ... about 20 chains sewn in an oblong circle starting in the middle of denim cut out in an oval shape.

Solutions: Making a Rug from Polyester Fabric Squares

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!