Product FinderConsumer Advice

Shopping for White Mini Lights

I am having trouble finding white mini lights. I am looking for 20ct white lights, with just the one male plug in. Do you have any suggestion on where to get them? I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Some places in the states don't send here. Thanks.

Amanda

Anonymous

Here is a link to the amazon website in Canada. I checked, and they do sell mini lights.

http://www.amazon.ca/

I live in New Brunswick and buy them at Dollarama. Usually only at Christmas time.

My favorite website for bulbs, especially Christmas bulbs, is 1000Bulbs.com. They carry clear mini lights in 10, 15, 20 count and up. Here is a link to that page on their website: http://1000bulb  -light-strings/. They also have white wire and brown wire strings, which enable you to make the strings virtually disappear no matter where you hang them.

I'd like to take this opportunity to appeal to everyone to stay with incandescent Christmas lights and shun the LEDs. The LEDs do not look festive, cheerful or Christmas-y. The colors are weird, and the clear (white) ones are a ghastly bluish color that make one imagine alien invaders from outer space. LEDs also are not very bright, and LED displays have a disappointing, dull look.

I jumped on the bandwagon about 4 years ago and bought several strings of LEDs to replace my old C9 light sets. They were a huge disappointment! They only illuminated themselves, and did not reflect off the rain gutters, and did not spread a festive glow. In fact, they were gloomy looking. I was so embarrassed, I took them down, and have gone back to good old C9s, with brand new strings and bulbs from 1000Bulbs. Let's keep Christmas festive - we certainly need something to cheer us up these days! Incandescent bulbs only use a little extra electricity, and you light them only a few hours each night, and only for a couple of weeks. Spread cheer, not gloom!

Try eBay.