Removing Texture and Wallpaper

I am trying to remove foil wallpaper that has been covered by what looks like a plastery substance so the previous owners could paint the walls. It must of been a quick fix to make the walls look good to a potential home buyer. The plaster stuff is thicker in some areas than others so its like an excavation sometimes it is so deep. Is there an easier way to remove the layers and layers? I have used an exacto and spray.

Bobbye from Midwest

Use equal parts of water and vinegar.. Spray it on, let it set and pull. It's so easy I removed 5 layers in no time. Would have done it much sooner if I'd only known..

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallpaperJuly 27, 2007
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper