Frozen Rice Krispies Dessert

When I was younger I used to go to my friend's house and spend the weekends. My friend's step-mom used to make a dessert, that was so good. It was made with Rice Krispies, ice cream, and chocolate, but I can't remember what else.

The Rice Krispies were mixed with something to make the bottom layer (maybe mixed like Rice Krispies treats?). I think the ice cream was softened then put over the bottom layer, then put back in the freezer to harden. Then you melted chocolate and drizzled it over top of the whole thing and froze again to harden the chocolate.

She always made it in a 13 inch x 9 inch pan. Have any of you ever heard of something like this? Thanks for any help you can give me.

By Cindy from OH

Sounds good! Give it a try with the Rice Krispies treats and if that doesn't taste just right (it might be just a little too sweet) then try it with the basic graham cracker crust, substituting Rice Krispies for the graham crackers. Go ahead and add a little cinnamon to the baked (graham cracker) crust. Let us know how it turns out.

I haven't tried any of these recipes. Maybe one of them is what you are looking for. Good luck.

Rice Krispies Ice Cream Bars

3 cups crushed Rice Krispies

1 cup grated coconut

¾ cup finely chopped pecans

½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed

½ cup butter, melted

½ gallon vanilla ice cream

Topping of your choice

Combine Rice Krispies, coconut, pecans, sugar and butter. Spread half of the mixture on the bottom of a 9x13" cake pan. Pat into place.

Carefully cut open the sides of the ice cream container. Slice vanilla ice cream and place on top of mixture. Spread other half of Rice Krispies mixture on top. Freeze.

To serve, slice into bars and serve with chocolate syrup or other topping of choice.

Crispy Rice Ice Cream Bars

2 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal

1/2 cup melted butter

1 cup flaked coconut

1/2 cup chopped nuts

1 cup light brown sugar

1 quart softened ice cream, flavor of your choice

Mix the cereal, butter, coconut, nuts and sugar together in a bowl.

Spread half of the mixture in a 9x9x2" pan. Spread the ice cream over the top of the cereal mixture.

Spread the remaining cereal mixture over top of ice cream. Place in the freezer to set. Cut into squares and serve.

Rice Krispie Cereal Bar
Recipes Using Rice Krispies
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts FrozenAugust 1, 2011
Rice Krispies Easter eggs.
Easter Rice Krispies Treat Recipes
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
🎉
🎄