Reuse Meat Tray for Art Projects

Styrofoam meat trays or plates make great bases for children's drawings or decoupage projects.

Source: My granddaughter's creation

By Kathy from Florence, CO

Editor's Note: Trays that were used for raw meats or cannot be easily sterilized should not be used.

December 14, 2009 Flag

My whole family loves to paint and do crafts. Someone's always making something. To help keep messes to a minimum, I save all the foam trays from the meats we buy. They're great for everything from glitter to paint to glue to sorting beads to pretty much anything else you can think of.

I even have other family members saving theirs for me.

By Sarah from Berrien Springs, MI

Reuse Styrofoam Trays for Crafts

The trays themselves can be the craft. For instance, impressing a cookie cutter into one, you will have that figure to decorate, say for your Christmas tree. You can also make picture frames from those trays Or how about a glider airplane, which you can decorate anyway you want?

There are many other craft reuses for those Styroform trays. just a little prethought will bring more to you. REUSE TODAY AND SAVE TOMORROW (12/04/2008)

By Mr. Thrifty

Reuse Styrofoam Trays for Crafts

Just keep in mind that these trays are contaminated from the raw meat and may harbor unsafe bacteria. Most grocery stores will give you empty foam trays for little or no expense and they would be much safer. (12/05/2008)

By Dee

Reuse Styrofoam Trays for Crafts

Dee already said what I was going to say! (12/10/2008)

By Maryeileen

Reuse Styrofoam Trays for Crafts

Styrofoam trays can be used for making Christmas ornaments. My grandchildren would use cookie cutters pressed into the Styrofoam trays, to make an impression. You either snap the impressions apart or cut them with small scissors. They would then color the items and string them hang on the tree with small pieces of ribbon. Have fun with little clean up.(12/11/2008)

By jeannette1940

Styrofoam on White Background
Reusing Styrofoam
Crafts Crafts For KidsJune 27, 2011
veggie plate
Making a Vegetable Party Tray
DVD Player
DVD Player Tray Won't Open
Black styrofoam meat tray against a white background
Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays
A green decorative tray painted with gold leaves.
Making a Painted Wooden Tray