DietingFood Tips

Support Girl Scouts Without Adding To Your Waistline

I've been doing this for years.

I ask the girls which one is THEIR favorite cookie and I'll buy one box. I'll open it up and tell them, "Girl Scouts are THE best salespeople -- here's a marketing technique that you'll never forget." After I "test" one or two, I give them back the opened box.

I tell the girls to now ask passersby "Would you like a free Girl Scout cookie sample?"

I've done my good deed by buying a box and supporting the Girl Scouts, I've tasted a couple of cookies, I won't eat the whole box when I get home, and these women of the future have learned early in life that free samples help sell products.

By LuvMyGingerKids from Long Beach, CA

i look forward to seeing them sell and enjoying those OOAK cookies each year. Hope they come around sone! yummy!

what a wonderful idea

What a great idea, I hope to use your tip soon

Yes, that is a good idea! You could also donate the box of cookies to the Gift of Caring program. Our area has had this program for many years and the cookies collected during this time have been sent to chidren's homes, nursing homes or those in the military!

Keep buying those cookies!! We thank you!

Just wanted to say a big "Thanks" for supporting our Girl Scouts.

In my area, the Girl Scouts come around with a folder describing the cookies, we order what we want and they are delivered at a later date.

But I have learned that I can freeze the cookies and make them last for a very long time...without adding to my waistline.

I have done this at my cookie booths before and it seams to work well. Although I used troop money to purchase a less popular cookie. Please be sanitary when doing this. I would have the Girl Scout use food preparation gloves and then hand the cookie to the customer.

Also a great way to support Girl Scouts is to give the troop a donation. You can do this by giving the girls a tip in any amount.

Our council has a program that they have use for several years. It allows a customer to purchase a box for the soldiers and troops. The troops get a wonderful treat while the Girl Scout troop get cookie profits.

Thank you for supporting Girl Scouts

One last hint: the "Thanks a Lots" which is a cookie with one side coated with fudge can be made into a Smore. Get a marshmallow and put inbetween two cookies with the chocolate on the inside and microwave for a few seconds.