Leftover Rice

We made too much rice for our dinner, and had a lot left over. Rather than waste it, I put it into portions in freezer bags. I tied a knot half way-up after squeezing the air out, and put it in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 5 days until you need some for another meal. Pop it in the microwave on full power for 1 minute-10 seconds. Place on plate, cut the bag under the knot, and pour out. Saved the rice, saved on time and money.

By Den the Cook from Newport, Wales, UK

When hubby and I eat at a Chinese restaurant, we usually have leftover rice. I bring it home and freeze it. I thaw it in the microwave with a little added water and it's as good as new. The monetary savings may be minor, but I love the convenience.

Leftover Rice With Turkey Mushroom Sauce
Using Leftover Rice
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversOctober 7, 2009
Pudding Made With Leftover Rice
Making Rice Pudding With Leftover Rice
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker